Job Title: Open Spaces Operative (Arborist)
Department: Open Spaces
Location: Hockley Woods
Salary: Scale 5
Benefits: Local Government Pension Scheme, generous annual leave, staff discounts
- NPTC Cross Cutting and Maintenance
- NPTC Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- NPTC Felling and Processing Trees over 380mm
- NPTC Accessing a Tree using Rope and Harness/Aerial Rescue Operations.
- NPTC Aerial Cutting of Trees using Free Fall Techniques
- NPTC Safe use of Chippers
- Full UK Driving License
- Trailer driving test or willingness to work towards
- Cemetery Operative Training Scheme or willingness to work towards
- NPTC Safe use of Ride on Mowers, Hedge Cutters, Strimmer and Brush Cutters or willingness to work towards
- Undertake Arboricultural works on Council owned and managed tree stock
- Tree, shrub, flower bed and meadow planting/maintenance
- Grass cutting within open spaces and district wide verges
- Hedge cutting and pruning operations.
- Assisting the Open Spaces Team on grounds management tasks
- Assisting the cemeteries team undertaking burials and Cemetery Maintenance
Our culture and values
We like our staff to be proactive and innovative. Being customer focused and willing to maximise your potential at work are expected. We all work together to achieve the very best for our residents which sometimes means getting involved in projects and trying new tasks outside of your day to day job role. We love our staff to suggest new ideas and to have enthusiasm to try out new experiences.
The job role
Rochford District Council are offering the opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and willing person to join our dedicated and hardworking Open Spaces team. We are looking for an eager candidate, who is willing to work in all weathers and at significant heights who is able to provide a high quality of arborist works.
Rochford District Council manages a large variety of sites, ranging from SSSI woodlands, street trees and formal parks and open spaces. Therefore, successful candidates can expect to undertake a variety of Arboricultural works ranging from parks trees to client managed sites, providing a high-quality service to all stakeholders.
The successful candidate will also be willing to assist the Grounds Maintenance team undertaking grass cutting across the district, including street verges and parks and open spaces cutting. This post will also provide cover within our cemeteries, covering sickness and annual leave. Training and qualifications will be provided to the successful candidate.
This exciting opportunity will for the successful candidate, be worked as a 37 hour week.
It is essential to be able to undertake physically demanding work in an outdoor environment, to hold a full UK driving license and to be able to drive a 4 × 4.
Please see the job description and person specification for more information.
For an informal chat please call Adam Aldridge on 01702 318053.
Interview date: To be confirmed
How to apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
It is our policy that if you have not heard back within 3 weeks of the closing date you should assume that you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.